Word Wednesday – “Opprobrium”
• “Opprobrium” is my word for WordWednesday.
• Noun: Doing something that brings disgrace, public disgrace, conduct considered grossly wrong or vicious, contempt, reproach
• Pronunciation – uh-PROH-bree-um
• Years ago, it was not unusual for adults to publicly or privately shame a child to discipline them for their “Opprobrium” behavior.
• Now, you never hear people say, “Shame on you!” to a child when they display “Opprobrium.”
My family business memoir No Bunk, Just BS (Business Sense) is available on Amazon.com.
10% of royalties from the sale of No Bunk is allocated to JDRF.
Receive your FREE Chapter, #7 Your Romantic Relationships, from the original What Color Is Your Brain?® book, when you sign up for my Sheila’s Brain Blog section at the bottom of my homepage!
Please Spread the Word
Leave a Comment