• “Chanukah” is my word for WordWednesday and there are 16 variations of the spelling.
• Noun: Chanukah is the Jewish eight-day Festival of Lights and it celebrates the rededication of the 2nd Temple in Jerusalem after the Jewish rebellion, which lasted from 167 to 160 BCE and won by the heroic Maccabees against the Seleucid Empire.
• Pronunciation – hänəkə,ˈKHänəkə
• The Hebrew word “Chanukah” means dedication.
• Wishing everyone who celebrates “Chanukah” a Joyful, Healthy, and Safe (Virtual) Holiday!
Receive your FREE Chapter, #7 Your Romantic Relationships, from the original What Color Is Your Brain?® book, when you sign up for my Sheila’s Brain Blog section at the bottom of my homepage!
Please Spread the Word