"Princess Shayna’s Invisible Visible Gift" Book and Musicals
The children’s chapter book, Princess Shayna’s Invisible Visible Gift, is not a predictable fairy tale about a princess who is poisoned by a ugly villain, abandoned by her parents, or rescued by Prince Charming’s kiss.
The heroine, of this a timely and timeless story, is a princess whose loving parents teach her to be a strong, independent, and confident young woman, whom girls and boys alike, will emulate and respect.
Listen to a young “King Alexander” and his praise for Princess Shayna.
Parents, children, and teachers appreciate the significant story messages:
- Recognize your self-worth and value your capabilities.
- Increase your self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Deal with and redirect bully behavior
- Respect and appreciate differences (diversity).
- Understand that “No one is perfect!”; not even Princess Shayna. The princess has T1D (Type 1 diabetes).
- Learn life-long lessons and problem solving skills by relating to the characters and storyline.
- Discover a non-judgmental language of color to communicate and manage life’s triumphs and tragedies when they have feelings of being in the Sarah Spundah’s Forest of Friendship or Meevillain’s Forest of Fear.
Princess Shayna On Stage!
Princess Shayna’s Invisible Visible Gift was adapted into a children’s musical stage production! The performance premiered at the Broadway Theatre of Pitman in Pitman, New Jersey!
“The Invisible Visible Gift“ was performed on October 10th and 11th, 2013 and April 3rd and 4th, 2014. This professional live stage production, kicked off the Broadway Theatre’s Educational Series, which began in October, 2013 for Bully Prevention Month. The musical performance, with original songs and music, highlighted many of the meaningful messages from the book: Recognizing your self-worth – Bully prevention – Valuing your capabilities – Appreciating differences – Dealing with life’s challenges.
On May 20, 2013, The Trilogy School of Performing Arts students also adapted Princess Shayna’s Invisible Visible Gift. Producer/Director, Kim Kass Woycke, work-shopped the book and wrote an original scrip and musical score for the spectacular Princess Shayna stage production. You can read more about the musical and the fantastic cast in my Princess Shayna Musical Blog Posts.
For more information about a Princess Shayna’s Invisible Visible Gift book and programs, please contact Sheila Glazov.