I just changed the avatar on my What Color Is Your Brain? Sheila Glazov Facebook Page on my Sheila Glazov Personal Facebook Page to show my support for National Diabetes Awareness Month for humans and pets and World Diabetes Day November on November 14th.
I plan on keeping the diabetes avatar on my Facebook Pages during the entire month of November. If you would like to show you support for finding a cure for diabetes, please right click on this blog post picture and click on “as an image”. Then you can save it and post it on your Facebook Page if you have one.
Did you know that:
- In the U.S., a new case of Diabetes is diagnosed Every 30 seconds!
- More than 15,000 children in U.S. diagnosed with T1D (Type 1 Diabetes) every year
- More than 3,000,000 Americans live with the everyday challenge of T1D
- More than $245 Billion every year cost for U.S. diabetes healthcare
- Approximately 215,000 youngsters (younger than 20 year old) have T1D (Type 1 Diabetes) or T2D (Type 2 Diabetes).
- This number represents 26% of all the people in this age group, or approximately 1 in 400 youngsters.
- 15,600 youngsters (younger than 20 year old) are newly diagnosed with T1D each year.
- 3,600 youngsters (under 20 years of age) are newly diagnosed with T2D each year.
- More than 9 million people are diagnosed with diabetes each year.
- Approximately, 26,000,000 children and adults have diabetes. 3% of the U.S. population.
- Each year approximately 30,000 people are diagnosed with T1D one in the United States.
- Of the 30,000 who are diagnosed with T1D, 15% are youngsters and 85% are adults.
- As many as 3,000,00 Americans may have T1D, including those who have not been diagnosed.
- Diabetes currently affects more than 371,000,000 people worldwide and is expected to affect 552,000,000 by 2030.
Recently, the “Giant Leap Against Diabetes! article by researcher Douglas A. Melton, PhD appeared in the news.I would like to think that this new research will finally be the cure. However, in the 29 years since our son was diagnosed, my Blue Mother’s Brain and My Orange Excited Brain have learned to use my Green Brain to be Cautious!
Boost your Brain Power with more links in the right-hand side column of this page!
100% of the proceeds from the sale of Purr-fect Pals will be donated to JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)
Please Spread the Word