Everyone needs a “Purr-fect Pal” they can count on in their lives. That “Purr-fect Pal” may be an adult, child, or a pet who seems to know how you feel and when you need comfort and understanding!
A Yellow Brain “Purr-fect Pal” is Always Dependable.
A Blue Brain “Purr-fect Pal” is a Sincere Listener.
A Green Brain “Purr-fect Pal” is a Good Problem Solver.
An Orange Brain “Purr-fect Pal” is Fun and Exciting to be with.
Jack and Sky are “Purr-fect Pals.” They are the real-life characters, who learn to live with the same every day challenges. The characters’ mirror images and the sequence of events teaches children they are not alone, help them accept a different life style, enhance how they express their feelings, and encourage nonjudgmental communication about their concerns, demonstrates that they can achieve their heart’s desire, and overcome obstacles by turning them into life-long opportunities.
Jack’s and Sky’s story is told in my unique picture, activity, and resource book for children and their families who live with the “highs” and “lows” of diabetes! The book is entitled Purr-fect Pals: A Kid, A Cat & Diabetes. Jack and Sky know that their family loves them, but they do not know how it really feels to have diabetes the way they do!
Purr-fect Pals is dear to my Blue Heart and Brain because our elder son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) 31 years ago, when he was 15 years-old.
As many of you already know from reading my blog, I am committed to helping children and their families understand and manage the never-ending tasks of living with diabetes. Below are the essential, education, and engaging specific of the book:
• Relating to the Characters: Through the characters’ perspective, readers learn detailed information about T1D (Type 1 Diabetes) and T2D (Type 2 Diabetes) through medication, education, diet, and exercise “Purr-fect Pals” assist children’s understanding about diabetes.
• Interactive Sections: An interactive Readers’ and Listeners’ Guide accompanies the story and offers readers time to share and voice their feelings and perceptions about diabetes. The Q&A format allows both children and adults to dialog and process the story line for clarity and application in their lives.
• The Kids’ Encouraging Messages written by children and adults from 8 to 88-years old who live with diabetes.
• The Comfort Companion Stories an anecdotal anthology for parents and caregivers are designed to provide knowledge, reassurance, humor and encouragement.
• Word Games: Fun, reflection, and reinforcement for children of all ages.
• Coloring the pages is lots of Orange Fun!
Below is Praise for Purr-fect Pals!
♥ Great Comfort, just what we needed!
♥ A must read for all families who deal with Diabetes!
♥ I wish I had this book when I first found out that I have Diabetes!
♥ This book helps you understand Diabetes so you can be a better friend!
♥ It was fun to see how the Cat and the Kid had almost the same symptoms!
♥ 100% of the proceeds from the sale of Purr-fect Pals is donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation!
♥ Your can purchase your copy or a gift copy on Amazon!
♥ November is Diabetes Awareness Month and Purr-fect Pals’ second birthday.
♥ Please share Purr-fect Pals with children and their families who have recently been diagnosed or have been living with diabetes and would benefit from the stories and activities!
Please Spread the Word